Studying abroad is a fantastic opportunity to earn credit toward your Letters and Science (L&S) degree while studying in another country! You have two main options for studying abroad:
- Studying abroad through a UC program or
- Studying abroad through a program outside the UC system (called an "Independent" study abroad program)
Best starting place for studying abroad
UC Berkeley Study Abroad Program
This website will connect you with information about studying abroad through UC programs and connect you with support to help you choose a program that is a good fit for you (whether through UC or outside the UC system). The UC Berkeley Study Abroad office is also a starting point for questions about you might be able to fulfill general education requirements or major requirements abroad.
- L&S Requirements for Study Abroad and FAQ: Understand eligibility requirements to study abroad as an L&S student and find FAQ about academics and study abroad.
- Transfer Credit: UC Berkeley Study Abroad: Learn how UC study abroad credit applies to your degree.
- Seven-Course Breadth: Did you know studying abroad can satisfy your International Studies breadth requirement? Learn more!