What is Pre-Professional Graduate Programs Advising?
L&S Advising provides advising for undergraduates pursuing:
- Medical or health professions programs
- Law School
- Masters or PhD programs
We can help with:
- Exploring and evaluating interests in graduate and professional school programs
- Carefully considering undergraduate course choices to prepare for graduate and professional school programs
- Identifying campus resources that provide opportunities and support in preparing for graduate and professional school programs and admissions
- Providing advice about contacting professors for mentorship, advice, research opportunities, and letters of recommendation
- Processing decision-making for selecting graduate program areas and specific school choices
L&S Pre-Professional Graduate Programs Advising is an advising support resource that complements others available on campus, such as Berkeley Career Engagement, the Career Counseling Library, the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarships, the Graduate Diversity Program, and the Graduate Assembly, amongst many other campus resources, along with individual professors and current graduate students.
To access Berkeley Career Engagement's pre-law and pre-masters/PhD counselors please schedule appointments through Handshake, and to view information about Berkeley Career Engagement's premedical/pre-health programs advising services, please visit Career Engagement's Pre-Health Advising page.
Meet with a Pre-Professional Graduate Programs Adviser
Pre-professional graduate program advisers can provide general advising on all specialties. Their primary specialties reflect extra levels of expertise and focus.
- Premedical advising: Tim Cahill, Greg Cera
- Pre-health careers advising: Tim Cahill, Greg Cera
- Pre-masters/PhD advising: Greg Cera
- Pre-law advising: Melissa Calderon, Greg Cera