Welcome to the Social Sciences "C" Advising Neighborhood!
The Social Sciences "C" Advising Neighborhood is made up of the following majors:
- African American Studies
- Asian American and Asian Diaspora Studies
- Chicano Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Gender and Women's Studies
- Native American Studies
Your advising neighborhood includes L&S College Advisers and Undergraduate Major Advisers. While these advisers answer different questions (see the diagram below), they work together to make sure you receive a consistent advising experience.
Sometimes you will need to see both advisers for questions that impact both general and major requirements (such as creating a thorough program plan).
Still unsure which adviser is the best fit for your question?
We're here to help! Visit our Virtual Front Desk for real-time support.
Meet the Social Sciences "C" L&S College Advisers
L&S College Advisers help with questions about L&S College policies and procedures, such as the topics found on this website. Being part of this advising neighborhood helps us be aware of your major when advising you on these policies. Here is a list of common topics you would discuss with your L&S College Adviser:
- Satisfying your non-major degree requirements
- Choosing a major or minor
- Exploring transfer work options for non-major requirements
- Clarifying academic options if you are struggling with a class
- Incorporating college requirements and enrichment opportunities to a 4-year plan
- Connecting with campus resources for support