Join the L&S Advising Team!
L&S is looking to hire peer advisers for the 2021-2022 academic year.
$16.07/hour or academic credit
Students who are residing outside the US during remote work periods are not eligible for paid employment.
What Peers Do
L&S Peer Advsers serve as an extension of the Undergraduate Advising Office, providing information on College policy and procedures to students at several campus locations. Peer Advisers are trained to provide accurate and friendly service, and to address a variety of student questions and concerns with objectivity. This position provides an excellent opportunity for students to gain practical skills in public speaking, communication, learn about college advising, and build an understanding of how a student service office works.
More information regarding the time commitment and specific duties can be found in the L&S Peer Application Packet, linked below.
- Cumulative UCB GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of at least one Fall or Spring semester at UC Berkeley as an L&S student (FPF and London terms meet this requirement. Summer coursework does not.)
- Outstanding presentation, interpersonal and general communication skills, and be able to respond to a wide-range of student concerns
- Be willing and able to commit to the position for the Fall 2021 - Spring 2022 academic year. The opportunity to start during the Spring 2021 might be available.
- Read through the L&S Peer Adviser Application Packet carefully before applying.
- Download a copy to fill out if you wish to apply.
- Submit your COMPLETED application by the deadline to: firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com. Only completed applications will be considered. Your application materials should be submitted combined in a single PDF file.
11:59PM (Pacific Standard Time) on Friday, January 15, 2021