Join the L&S Advising Team!
L&S is looking to hire peer advisers for the 2022-2023 academic year.
$16.32/hour or academic credit
Due to hiring restrictions governing remote work, students who are residing outside the US are not eligible for employment.
What Peers Do
L&S Peer Advsers serve as an extension of the Undergraduate Advising Office, providing information on College policy and procedures to students at several campus locations. Peer Advisers are trained to provide accurate and friendly service, and to address a variety of student questions and concerns with objectivity. This position provides an excellent opportunity for students to gain practical skills in public speaking, communication, learn about college advising, and build an understanding of how a student service office works.
A present, L&S Peer Advisers work remotely, supporting our Virtual Front Desk. This and and answering our firstname.lastname@example.org emails are the primary ways Peer Advisers serve students. Peer Advisers might be asked to work in person at the L&S Advising Office (currently: 156 Dwinelle Hall) at some point in the future, but currently this role is 100% remote.
More information regarding the time commitment and specific duties can be found in the L&S Peer Application Packet, linked below.
- Cumulative UCB GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of at least one Fall or Spring semester at UC Berkeley as an L&S student (FPF and London terms meet this requirement. Summer coursework does not)
- Outstanding presentation, interpersonal and general communication skills, and be able to respond to a wide-range of student concerns
- Be willing and able to commit to the position for the Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 academic year, as well as committing to the paid training that will occur during the Spring 2022 term
- Read through the L&S Peer Adviser Application Packet carefully before applying.
- Download a copy to fill out if you wish to apply.
- Submit your COMPLETED application by the deadline to: email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org. Only completed applications will be considered. Your application materials should be submitted combined in a single PDF file.
11:59PM (Pacific Standard Time) on Friday, January 21, 2022